Thank you all for your feedback. You gave me valuable info!

I don't want to support 800x600. Even amazon.com don't support it anymore.
I wanted to use percentages for the right column, but I'm having
difficulties with the negative margins and I will leave it like this.
However I made the center and the right columns to overlap, which
means that when the window is smaller the right column will stay on of
the center column, and the images will always stay on the same line
(but the last image will be cropped)

It is an ugly solution, but the so called "client" wants it this way...