cj wrote:
> i asked a question very similar to this a few months ago, and thierry
> came up with a nice article about it.
>

> http://www.tjkdesign.com/articles/liquid.asp

Hi cj! This is a very nice article indeed and very close to the issue at
hand. The difference between what I am seeking may go a bit beyond this
since the elements I am concerned with are all generally header elements
and I am concerned with up and down floating/reordering more than side
to side.

In the article, header is always at the top. Let me explain a bit
further the elements I am concerned with:

dashboard - user controls like login, preferences etc.
masthead - logo / branding
navigation - horizontal list in some configuration
search - horizonta search area

So lets say I wish to display a page in this order:

navigation, masthead, dashboard, search

In this instance, I need to get the navigation content to display above
the other divs at top of the page. This is where I need additional
guidance. I am fairly used to seeing side to side floats but have not
encountered examples of floating top to bottom to exemplify this type of
reordering. I guess this is what I am hoping to see demonstrated by
someone or some pointers.

Many thanks
David