Theresa Mesa wrote:
> I am not seeing this problem in the other browsers on either
> platform. In IE6, the content column is jogging down below the
> navigation. I haven't checked 5.5. How do I fix this?
>
> http://mdh-test.com/egs_new

Think I caught it.

It looks like the 'italic bug', but I can only make it appear if I
'ignore font-family...' in IE6' accessibility options and get my own
default.

A fix might be to make div#content a few pixels narrower in IE, as the
'italic bug' usually adds some 3px to the width of its container - and
only when the italic text seems to touch the container-edge.

Another fix is to add...

* html #content {overflow-x: hidden;}

regards
        Georg