From: "Jay Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>http://www.pocket.com/index20060323.php
>
>If you will look at this page, as well as clicking on the terms or
>privacy links in IE and then FF you will see that FF renders the width
>of div.wide correctly (width here is really determined by margin i.e.
>#content div.wide{margin: 0px 40px 0px 40px;} whereas IE does not.
>
>Is this part of the box model problem or am I looking at some other
>beasty? T

I think what you're looking at is not a box model problem but a difference in
browsers. IE always shows a vertical scrollbar (or its track), even on pages
that are short enough not to need scrolling. FF and other browsers do not. So,
when you have a page in which the browser width determines the width of the
content (as in your .wide div), IE will show things noticabley narrower by a
scrollbar's width. You can compensate for the visual difference if you'd like,
by making it so FF shows a scrollbar too. I forget what that trickery is at the
moment however, sorry.

I probably didn't see your page soon enough (before you posted that you'd
solved the problem) but that's what I noticed when I looked. The terms and
privacy pages appear to be the same width for both IE and FF when the browser
widths are matched.

~holly