Ingo Chao wrote:

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

>>http://spppa.littleberrystudio.com
>>

>For Firefox&Co,
>   #nav li ul {z-index:1}
>should solve the problem of text+borders peeking through in flyouts of
>preceding elements.
>
>For IE, I don't have a solution, since IE establishes a new stacking
>context for each relatively positioned element, meaning that
>"News&Events" sits over any ul that is part of "Alumni".
>http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/escher.html
>
>Giving z-indexes to all these relatively positioned li from bottom to
>top seems to be not a bright idea in multi-level flyouts.
>
>Others who regularly use flyout menus should have a solution.
>
>Ingo

Hi Paticia,
Viewing the page in 1024x786 resolution: 2 steps upscaling the font-size
in IE causes the dropping down of the nav-sidebar.
I think this has to be solved before finetuning the menu/submenus, as it
can influence all positions.
See testpage with solutions.
Also adapted the "hidden gems" (seen with Ctrl-A in the browser): for FF
the #header-h1, for IE the #navigation-h2; see source code of testpage.

***    Hmm, provider troubles, - I cannot upload at the moment, the
testpage has to wait. I'll try again tonight.

While I'm in a hurry now, I'm sorry not to have other contributions for
the menu-problems.
Perhaps you can find some hints in the source code of the example "The
Keyboardfish
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/the_Keybordfish.htm>".

Greetings,
francky