Those were removed by accident when I created the stripped down page.
Stripped a little too much out.

> 2.
> It seems the #mainmenu {height: 30px} is prohibiting the
> cell/table to expand > giving also troubles in FF when then
> visitor has scaled up the fontsize. The fixed height causes
> the menu-items are coming out of the box.

Font sizing issues I will be taking care of once I get this bug worked out.
Once I got stuck with this I couldn't get my mind past it.

> 3.
> If you don't have planned dropdown submenu's, the
> sfHover-script is not needed, I think: a css-hover is enough.
> - If you want to make submenus, then the class ".sfhover" has
> to be added in the li-style. See Suckerfish-article
> <http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/>.

You are correct.

> Greetings,
> francky

Seems the post from Georg resolved the issue (adding #navbar li a {position:
relative;})

Chris