Ben Scott wrote:

>having problems getting the layout to come out in firefox and complaint
>browsers
>was wondering if there is any reason for this especially the fact that the
>wrapper div isnt wrapping properly and this is most oviously seen in that the
>black background and the background tiled image of diagonal line
>
>I realise the HTML isnt totally validating because of flash content and some
>stupid extension I am using which is putting head tags in the body, however
>this shouldnt be effecting the layout divs
>
>the site that is needing completed is
>http://www.mogwai.co.uk/newsite
>the more basic template I built it with is
>http://www.mogwai.co.uk/bens/cleaned.html
>
>thanks to anyone that can help

Hi Ben,
For some reason the class "moduletabledates" is not allowed to have more
as 130px width, it seems.
See screenshot <http://www.cosbo-amsterdam.nl/tmp/images/mogwai-screen.png>.
I guess it is the positioning of the moduletabledates-box in the
containing div "#rightcontent" (by the margins and paddings).

"The wise advise"....
FF is strictly doing what the standard css-rules prescribe, IE often
not. So when developed a page for IE (with incorrect code), it seems not
to work in FF and other browsers.
In fact, you better can develop the pages for standards-compliant
browsers, and see if IE is performing good. If not, you can add some
IE-only 'conditional comments' to correct IE.

Greetings,
francky