Thank you, Zoe, for reply.

Yes, my tests [1] are working in IE6 and FF1.5 and Op9 on Windows (and I do not
need to test them elsewhere for now).
I only want to know, if there is any usual way to style forms which keeps texts
of labels and corresponding inputs and selects aligned.

My way of styling seems to me not very sufficient. I use few pixels of margin
or padding to correct the alignment. I think it is not very clear, because
these margin or padding corrections are assuming fixed default width of input
or select.

Have a nice day!
Further help will be appreciated, because I could not found more information on
this topic.

[1] http://cim.szm.sk/FormVerticalAlign.html