-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Design Groups
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 6:44 AM
To: Mark Fellowes; css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: Re: [css-d] Stumped

I know this seems stupid, and I'm probably going to sound like an idiot for
saying this...but did the previous author (or whomever coded this stuff) use

soemthing like Dreamweaver (or God forbid, Microsoft Word) to code out this
stuff?

The reason I ask is because I'm seeing some funky characters in spots they
shouldn't be in, and I'm thinking it's possible that the browsers are
reading those funky characters and dismissing them as invalid input - this
rendering these weird issues.

For example:

See there?  your quotation marks are formatted - they aren't "text-only".

And in your body of the HTML, ALL of your quotation marks are formatted
text - not text only.

I know it seems silly, but maybe that's the problem?

As for div#body - I think that's just the name he gave for the content area.

It's not because he wants to redo the body of the entire page - he just
chose a poor name for it.  Normally, it'd be called "#content" or something
along those lines.

HTH!

~Shelly