Terri Chicko wrote:
> Thank you Georg very much,
>
> Though every time I change something, something else breaks, now the
> footer is floating up in Win IE.

See below.

> On Apr 19, 2006, at 2:15 PM, Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:
>
>> 1: remove margins/paddings from body...

>> 2: you may also add styles to the html element. For instance...

Note that you don't _have_ to put any styles on the html element.

body {margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #482c00;}

...is what you need, and...

body { margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #482c00; font-family:
georgia, serif; }

...is what I would use.

>> * html #content {margin-left: 0/* new */;}
>
> Because I removed the contact div, The content div moves all the way
> left in PC IE with this code.

Removing something as essential as that is bound to create problems in
IE/win.
Once again; look at the example I created. I made changes to solve
problems - I didn't remove anything essential.

> I used * html #content {margin-left: 20%/* new */;} it seems to work,
>  though not that stable.

No surprise... :-)

Looking at what you've got up now, and there are clear signs that you
are using the 'trial and error' method based on what you see on screen
in single browsers. That's what I regard as 'the quick route to complete
disaster', and not one that I will help you - or anyone else, to follow.

You should go back quite a few steps, and try to make sense of what you
had. The closest thing is still the example I created...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/jt/test_3040.html>
...which is now updated with cross-browser fine-tuning and a more or
less complete CSS clean-up. Lost quite a bit of weight :-)
The source-code line-up is HTMLTidy's doing - on my ordinary settings.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no