On 19/04/06, Terri Chicko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> However when I went to validate the CSS it's OK but I don't
> understand these warnings.
> What am I doing or not doing?

> Line : 12 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-color :
> #strip

#strip {
  background-color: black;
}

Once you throw in browser default style sheets and user stylesheets,
you could end up with black on black.

compare to:

#strip {
  background-color: black;
  color: white;
}

> Line : 24 (Level : 1) Same colors for color and background-color in
> two contexts a:visited and h1

a:hover {
 color : #a9caaf;
 background-color : #005d00;
}

h1 {
 color : #005d00;
}

This wouldn't be a problem as you can't have an h1 descending from an
anchor and the anchor + hover selector is more specific, but the
validator doesn't know HTML syntax rules so it can't determine that
you won't have an h1 that is a descendent of an a and thus end up with
#005d00 text on a #005d00 background.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>