I'm new.  A member of the webaim list suggested I join this group cause
some of my questions are really CSS driven rather than accessiblity
issues.  When it comes to CSS, I'm a baby.  I was amazed to discover
that  Eric A. Meyer "chaperons" this group.  He..he... I've learned alot
from "Eric" and :Eric's" book as well as Kynn Bartlett's book is on my
to buy list.

But to the point of my question:  I am currently using an inline style
for the input type=submit to ensure that our site LOOKS like my PARENT
ORGANIZATIONS REQUIREMENTS. I'm trying to redisgn my site using tabless
outline and using xhtml with a css style sheet.  I'm finding there's a
lot more to it than I previously thought.

I don't have a clue how to do the html side or the CSS style sheet side
for the input type=submit except using the inline style. Note:  I do not
want to use the button element.  This causes problems for users of my
site.

This is a sample of the html side.  (note the css for the paragraph is
basic - bold and centered and required DOE font family - I might be able
to improve this someway too.)

name="getLink" id="menu">

                <option
value="http://dbs.myflorida.com/observe.shtml#January";>January</option>

          <!--more here -->
        </select>

 <input type="submit" style="font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold;
font-family: ariel; background: ffedca" value="Go"></p>