Yes, I intend my subject line seriously. Avoid CSSEdit at all costs.
At first appearance, it appears to be an incredibly slick CSS editing
machine. But, if you do anything remotely complex with it, it will
severely mangle your CSS code. I've lost hours upon hours of work
fighting CSSEdit. I'll try to avoid turning this in to a gripe
thread, but here's a quick summary of what I mean:

1. Going back and forth from code to visual editor with randomly
delete chunks of code, add properties to selectors you didn't intend,
and other oddities. Reproducible always.

2. The live preview is extremely finicky about when it updates. It
usually only updates when you press the delete key.

3. The text field of the code editing view doesn't have a vertical
scroll bar often when your code extends below the height of the
window. You have to resize the window by whipping it around a lot (I
wish I was kidding).

4. It can crash at random times, losing all your unsaved work. All
programs crash, sure, but CSSEdit does it at regular intervals.

I (a paid customer) have been trying to contact the developer for
months, but I've never gotten a response. The above, coupled with
tons of other problems with the program make me (a comp. sci. major
sincerely doubt the quality of the work behind CSSEdit. The developer
has very obviously not tested CSSEdit one bit.

Pretty face, ugly and destructive innards. Avoid avoid avoid.

-Tyson