Felix hath said:

>  > Okay, what would be a good maximum width measurement (in pixels)?
>
>None. Let it be whatever size it needs to be.

-snip (good stuff) --

>Those adjustments may very well including permitting a reduced width, in
>order to allow a squeeze in place of a scroll for viewers with larger
>font-size to viewport width ratios. Only a lot of experimenting with
>different viewport widths and text sizes will permit you to make good
>decisions here, though asking opinions here can't hurt any.
>
>In the end, there is no magic across the board magic minimum or maximum.
>Using either creates a limitation. Limitations on the web are usually
>unnecessary at best, and destructive to user satisfaction,
>accessibility, and usability at worst.

My take on this screen size things is a bit different and I'm sure
there are those who will disagree, but here goes.

According to w3c, only 20 percent of the viewing audience has a
screen size of 800 x 600 and that figure is dropping at a rate of 5
percent per six months (10 percent per year). As such, in two years,
the narrow-screen user number will drop below a detectable amount.

Furthermore, not trying to be elitist, but our target audience has
money to burn, so I don't think there will be many who will be both
frugal in purchasing a larger monitor size and yet be generous with a
vanity tile purchase.

Of course, I may be just trying to rationalize not redoing the
layout, which as you know, is not trivial.

Many thanks to all you hawk-eye's that caught things I would not have
ever seen.

tedd