> Hi, folks
>
> Please excuse me if this question is off-topic for this list
> (although if that is the case, offline responses with any
> suggested solutions would be welcome).
>
> A user of one of the sites I am involved with is seeing some
> strange behaviour.  It looks as though neither Firefox nor
> IE6 are loading in the stylesheet, but I can't figure out
> why.  She says that the site was working OK, but some time in
> the past few days it stopped displaying correctly, losing all
> the styles.
>
> Any suggestions what might cause Firefox/IE6 to not load the
> stylesheet?
>
> (site is at: www.sfep.org.uk,  stylesheet at:
> www.sfep.org.uk/styles/sfep.css)
>
> WBW
> C.

Hey there.

In theory, it could be anything...it could be nothing; could be server side,
could be client side. Internet Explorer has a caching bug which occasionally
causes issues similar to that, though I've never heard of that specific
problem. Firefox has a View > Page Style> No Style option which has been the
issue for many an embarassed user.

Ultimately, it's tough to say unless the problem can be replicated on
another system. The HTML doesn't validate and there's a javascript in there
for the menu just above the style sheet link. One of these could be to blame
as well. Again, without the ability to replicate, there's too many variables
to cite a definitive culprit.

Sorry I couldn't offer a better answer.

| Bill Brown                     |
| Webmaster, MacNimble.com       |