Mark Fellowes wrote:
> Not sure what I'm doing wrong .  As suggested earlier I've removed
> the heights from the content1 and content2 divs but the side nav is
> still off (except for IE).

> Relevant page: http://pamshop.com/Template1/exp8.html#

Small changes in source-code and CSS will make all browsers more
cooperative...

1: Source-code:

Move the end-tag for <div id="content1"> to a position just above <div
id="linkcontainer">, so that <div id="content1"> becomes a container for
_all_ floats on the right side.

The reason for the "low" side nav is that a float can not / should not
end up higher than the top of the element that precedes it in the
source-code - which is content2. IE is wrongly letting the left nav
pass 3 floats and end up alongside the top one - content1.

By making the content1 container surround/include the other
right-floats, all the standard-compliant browsers only see one
right-float, content1, above the left nav, and will make the left nav
line up with the top of it - exactly where you want it, I think.

2: CSS:

#content2 {
float: right;
width: 520px;
margin-top: 2%;
clear: both /* use this value */;
}

#wrapper #linkcontainer {
width: 200px;
margin-left: 2%;
float: left;
display: inline /* add this */;
}

The 'clear: both' change on #content2 is just to make sure IE really
clears the right-floats above content2, as IE otherwise may create some
ugly overlapping.

The 'display: inline' on #linkcontainer will "kill" the 'margin-doubling
bug' in IE, which otherwise will make the 2% left margin render as 4%.

> Also the footer doesn't seem to want to move.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, so I can't advise a "fix".

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no