Erik Visser wrote:
> so i'am looking for a place with good explaination of the technique(s) of:
> columns streching to the bottom of the viewport, regardless of the
> content length of any of the columns
>
> through google i found in some forums tips for specific user questions,
> but not a good article that (thorrow) explains (if there are several
> solutions, pros cons, etc.) how you should tackle this goal
> something ALA (or comparable) like
>
> please some links / tips
>
> thanks, Erik
Hi Erik,
    I think these are the best explanations i've found:

    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/holygrail/

    This outlines a good 3 column layout and the associated pros and
cons as well as a description of how to create full length columns. Its
a pity but browser support can vary, I think its Opera 8 has some problems.

    This is my preferred method and uses a graphic to create a false
column, unfortunately it needs to be fixed width (although that can
sometimes be a good thing):

    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/fauxcolumns/

    Hope this helps,
       Rob