I'm trying to use nested lists to create a tree-like navigation area.
Everything's OK in Firefox.  In IE 6, there's a problem.  Take a look at the
following page:

http://home.comcast.net/~rob.freundlich/css/tree/index.html

Leaf items at the second level (e.g. Item 2.1, Item 2.2, etc) have a pixel
gap above them.  I don't want the gap, as I will be putting background
images into the appropriate places to give it the appearance of a tree with
lines and pluses and minuses and so on - the pixel gap breaks up the
continuity of the lines.

Initially, the problem was there on *all* items.  This looked a lot like the
infamous 3-pixel gap, so I added this:

<!--[if IE]>
li
{
    height: 1px;
}
<![endif]-->

That solved it for the deep nodes (e.g. Item 2.4.1, Item 2.4.2, etc), but
the problem persists in the second-level nodes.

Anyone have advice or solutions?

Rob Freundlich
"Males are biologically driven to go out and hunt giraffes." - Newt Gingrich
"Some folks you don't have to satirize, you just quote 'em." - Tom Paxton