On 06/05/23 13:07 (GMT-0400) Nick Fitzsimons apparently typed:

> It's also broken on IE-Win, which ignores the decimal fraction of
> percentages on the font-size. Thus it treats [62.5%] as

>     font-size: 62%;

> giving a font-size of 9.92px. If you then try to specify the dimensions
> of something in ems, it comes out smaller on IE than everything else.
> For example,

>     width: 40em;

> will give a width of 400px on FF, Opera, Safari etc. (assuming default
> font size settings), but of 396px on IE. This can be the cause of much
> frustration when creating em-based layouts.

> I'm planning to write this up in detail (as workarounds can fall foul of
> a user's minimum font size if one doesn't take them into account) but
> for the moment I've got a demo here:

> <http://www.nickfitz.co.uk/bugs/browsers/css/IE-Win/ie_percent_test.html>

Look at http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/Font/font-rounding.html and see
Opera 9, KHTML, IE, and Gecko all match to 3 decimal places for pt
sizes, but there's a dichotomy between Gecko/KHTML and IE/Opera on
fractional px.

If limited to M$, check KHTML at: http://www.snugtech.com/safaritest/
--
"All have sinned & fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409