I use Dreamweaver for simultaneous CSS & Xhtml editing.  But I don't know if
I prefer it to any other because I have used DW for years and years.  I have
open the css file and the html file at the same time, the HTML is usually
always in code view. Change, save, hit F12 to view in browser, repeat.  Plus
I usually have Fireworks and Flash open at the same time, too, so that's
another reason.  I guess you can take it as just the recommendation of a
Macromedia (now Adobe) addict.  The WYSIWYG part in Dreamweaver MX doesn't
really work when using all CSS, so you have to keep checking in the browser.
laura