Have a look at http://www.4project.be/Guillaume%20Bokiau/ in Safari.
When you use the horizontal scroll far enough, some sort of white box
seems to overlap the main content. It doesn't in firefox (should be
tested in IE7 and other modern browsers but I have none). Also, if you
push one of the arrowish buttons on the bottom, and then rappidly scroll
back and forth, you will notice there now seem to be two boxes, leaving
empty space between them. OK this is hard to explain but try it and you
will see.

A rapid guess would be that this is due to the clip proprety of
maincontent... I can't figure a way to test nore avoid that though.

(making the page degrade nicely in IE6 and when javascript is disabled
will be the next step - don't worry)

Thanks in advance four your advice.

Guillaume