Afternoon Don

You wrote;

>I modified s5-blank.html to show photography slides.  The goal is to
> maximize the screen space for the pictures.
>
> I removed the headers and footers and sized the pictures to fit centered
> on
> the page.
>
> Using FireFox 1.5.0.3 all works as expected.  Using IE 6.0.2800.1106 all
> of
> the pictures don't center, and the controls do not appear in the lower
> right-hand corner.  Use resolution of 1024 x 768 and press F11 to maximize
> the open space on the screen.
>
> The slides can be seen at:
>
> http://www.alumni.nd.edu/~class55/Graphics/JohnDroege/Ireland/droegeireland.
> html
>
> Any ideas on this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

IE 6 appears to be  ignoring the <center> </center> element you are using in
your modified S5 slide show.

<center> is not a valid element with the doctype you are using.  Run your
code past an html validator [1] [2], as you have several other html errors.

As you noted, the slide controls work in Firefox  (1.5.0.4). When I hover my
cursor at the bottom - right corner of the page it becomes visible.  Eric
Meyer's original  S5 [3] works similarly in both Firefox and IE 6 on my win
xp pro sp2 box.   My guess is that this is a scripting problem  and  IE 6
can't play nice with your code.  Some one with more scripting experience may
be able to offer advice off list. (also, I noticed that pressing the space
bar will advance the images once they have loaded)

[1] http://validator.w3.org/
[2] http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/
[3] http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/s5-intro.html

Hope that helps...