Thanks for that. Will try it. Unfortunately, I'm trying to create the
rounded edge boxes partly over a white background but partly over the
top of an image. So, I can't think of any other way of accomplishing
this without using png's.

Could anyone suggest a work around for this? I thought of specifying
different images (maybe square edged boxes) in an ie only style sheet
that could be used for the content boxes. Then these images could be
jpg's.

I've also been looking at the alphaImageLoader filter for ie to display
png transparency.  Does anyone think this is a good or bad idea and if
so, can you explain why?

My other question is ie doesn't seem to like me positioning the borders
of the content boxes outside the parent element (i.e. using negative
margins).  It just hides them. Can I get round this by setting the
borders positioning to relative? If not, can anyone suggest a solution
to this?

Regards, Simon