Dave wrote:

>     Being new to CSS, I'm not intuiting what it is that I'm
> doing that's aggravating IE, yet. And, I'm having problems
> finding examples that give me a clue. It's hard enough trying
> to pick out how to do this in the first place, from the
> myriad of examples and tips/tricks/hacks/etc that are out there...
>
>     Any help would be extremely appreciated :D

Firstly Dave, don't panic and certainly don't be disheartened! Getting
everything right first time is hard, usually impossible.

Secondly, read/study this article,
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/negativemargins. It's a great article
on fluid layout and will help a lot.

Thirdly, about the browsers a general rule is code for your audience's
browsers. If it's a site offering information you want to be as far
reaching as possible then yes, code for a wide base, but in your case if
its to show case your photography, modern mac and modern pc browsers
will be sufficient, i.e. IE5+, Mozilla and Safari maybe. Either way
don't make it hard for yourself, not immediately anyway!

If you want any help feel free to email me off-list.

Kieron McIntyre
www.digbyswift.com