xtiandc wrote:
> Just to clarify, I suppose my real question is: can you apply z-index
> specifically to an element that only appears on hover?
>

> My question is this: is there any way to enforce z-index conditionally?
>
> Christian.

Hi Christian,

    Interesting problem, there're a few considerations when making
flyout/dropdown menus with css but first do you have a link at all?
z-index issues are hard enough to solve cross-browser as it is :)

    One other point that was made clear to me by Bill Brown is that you
need to avoid any a.p. elements such as your menu covering form
elements. The issue i had once was with a select box that could not (and
cannot) be concealed in IE. Something to do with ActiveX rendering... I
don't remember why exactly just that thats the way it is, anyways, a
link would be good to get the ball rolling.

    Rob O