On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:38:38 -0400, Zoe M. Gillenwater wrote:

> I usually set a base text color for a (with no pseudo classes on it)
> that affects all states of all links. Then I override this color for
> :visited and :hover. I usually don't set anything for :active or
> :focus.

I like this. Nice and simple - thanks, Zoe.

But you may want to make some style change on focus in those situations
that the "focus lines" do not show up well when tabbing thru the links.
Although IE does not recognize :focus, it seems to apply :active as if it
were :focus, so I would apply the same styles to both. (:active and
:focus).

> [...] I just apply ids directly to the headings and
> target jump links to these ids (works pretty much everywhere except
> NN4).

Yup. NN4 only works with a named anchor as a page fragment link, IIRC.
(e.g. <a name="section-1"> )

Cordially,
David
--