On Jun 9, 2006, at 10:06 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Apparently .5em or 10px or 7pt is as small as the text will get in
> Firefox;
> whereas in IE, you can even make it smaller than that (if you
> really needed
> to).  I have also tried percentages and have gotten the same
> result.  It
> seems like Firefox should be able to scale the font size down to
> whatever
> you want, even if it would take a 50lb magnifying glass to read.  I
> assume
> this is a possible bug on Mozilla's side (intentional?) Does anyone
> have
> any insight into this?

It is by design. The smallest font-size one can display in Gecko is
9px. 50lb magnifying glass proved to heavy a download for most
browser packages.
And as Nick mentions, ultimately, as an author, you have very little
control over the font-size on the user side.

Most modern browser (minus iExploder) have an user option to set
minimum font-size (default is none, which means, leave it to the
defaults of the UA).

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh