Hi Brett,

I feel your pain™. My suggestion might be a bit unwelcome on this message board but from personal experience, the only way I've been able to get a footer to stick consistently in all browsers is by using a table for layout. This is a pretty good resource if you want to go down this route: http://developer.apple.com/internet/webcontent/ bestwebdev.html

I've attempted the footerStick and footerStickAlt from themaninblue and *almost* got it working for a couple of clients. But there were always a couple of hiccups. Eventually I convinced one client that the footer didn't need to stick at the bottom but the other client insisted and I ended up using a single table for layout. Sacrilege I know, but it works. Until min-height is sorted out five years from now when IE5,5.5&6 are all dead we may be stuck with at least a single table for forcing footers to the bottom of the view port. If anyone else knows of a pure-CSS solution that doesn't involve even less semantic html than a single table for layout and works reliably in all browsers, I'm all ears.

HTH,

- Ben