Ingo Chao wrote:
> The peekaboo, meaning content appearing and reappearing depending on
> scroll, window rezise, the weather forecast, is fixed in IE7. The
> problem you are reporting is not of that "now you can see me, now you
> don't" kind.

Ah, thanks for that, I guess that's why I didn't find anything in the
archives. Has anyone come up with a pithy name for this? ;)

> I've tried to include this in the second Example: "A relatively
> positioned parent ceases rendering and disappears" in [2]

And a much more attractive example. :)

> In your case, there is another problem: After the float, but before the
> clearer, there is an absolutely positioned element. This element itself
> disappears in IE [3].

The only reason the content div was given r.p. was to allow the
placement of the a.p. box at the bottom. I don't think the a.p. box is
required to trigger the bug, but I included the box so that the relative
positioning didn't seem random.

> A fix is to apply haslayout to the parent. Always apply layout to a
> relatively positioned container of floats.

I don't want to apply a width, so I guess using an IE-only 'zoom' or
height would fix it. I need to re-read the haslayout article again!

> With this fix, the parent, the float and the clearer re-appears, but not
> the a.p. element because of [3].
>
> You may solve the problem with separating the a.p. from the float and
> clearer by another div like Bruno Fassino describes in [3].

Damn, more redundant divs :/

Thanks Ingo,

-Alastair