Donovan Bond wrote:
> With help from css-d, I put together my first CSS site.
> Please have a look and let me know of any oddities. Viewing it in
> Virtual PC Win98/IE5 the layout breaks apart a fair bit, but Win98/
> IE6
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/donovanbond/root/
> http://homepage.mac.com/donovanbond/root/external.css
xp: opera/9.0b2, ff1.5.0.4, ie6.0.
Nice job.
That gives me the opportunity to throw out some not necessarily css
related questions:
On a personal opinion level, I'd think about changing 76% to 100% on the
body declaration to bring the content-text to default, and dropping the
size of the display fonts a  little. And being a little thick, I did not
realize, at first,  that some of those headings are clickable. Given a
preference, a layout that presents the content first in the source order
is preferred by some. Your markup is valid and that is good-- have you
tried checking the "show outline" box to generate an outline based on
the h1-h6 heading tags?A bunch of screen captures:
<http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=260269>.
Regards,
~dL
PS Just what is Win98/IE5?