[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> http://www.wdam.co.uk/clients/dynam/hh/
>
> I didn't post it at first as I didn't want it to look like I'm asking
>  you to do my homework for me; I'd rather grasp the concept than copy
>  parrot fashion.

Good thinking :-)

> That said, I do need to fix it rather fast!

Make sure you understand "Doctypes and their respective layout mode"
first...
<http://gutfeldt.ch/matthias/articles/doctypeswitch/table.html>
...as it will make everything else a lot more consistent if you trigger
the right mode in all browsers that _has_ two modes.

Your existing...
...triggers 'quirks mode', so that's the same as having "no DocType at
all". IE6 is especially "quirky" with that DocType.

Choosing - and writing source-code in accordance with - a DocType
that'll trigger 'strict mode' will give you the option mentioned by
others in this thread: "styling a self-centering body".

Maybe use this DocType...
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
...since you have some 'non-strict' elements in there.

CSS:
body {
   width: 730px /* suitable width to hold the layout */;
   margin: 0 auto 0 auto /* auto-centering */;
   position: relative /* makes AP relate to body */;
}
...will center body in Opera, Firefox *and* IE6 (and probably most other
"mode-switching browsers" but I didn't check), and place all the
absolute positioned elements firmly inside that centered body. No extra
wrapper-div needed.

regards
        Georg
--