Joanne wrote:

>I'm putting together a site and am having trouble with the heading looking
>right.
>In Firefox, it's correct.
>
>In IE, there is a small gap (so it looks like a small white line) to the
>right of the #header

Hi Joanne,
This is due to the background-color #FFFFFF of the #main-div. Can be
ommited, then in IE it doesn't peep through with 1px or so.

>In Opera, the #header is sitting too far down and to the right (ie: there's
>a margin or padding for top & left)

This can be solved by adding: body { margin: 0; padding: 0; }
Testpage with IE/Opera things changed is here
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-ccs.htm>.

>www.sparrowdog.com/cc/
>(Obviously, the navigation wont' stay that colour!)
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying ever so hard to lay out
>sites without tables :-)

To be encouraged: succes! :-)
francky

btw: the conditional comments for IE shouldn't be in the html, but in
the head, just before the </head>.
[because it are comments, the html-validator doesn't give a remark about
this.]

btw-2: the logo-img can be cut of, and the bg-img can have just 1 or 2
px width (with background-repeat: repeat-x) to get some more download speed.