Andy Mosmiller wrote:
> I coded this page a while ago and thought I had the small
> pictures with the borders hovering properly in IE, but
> checking today I find I am mistaken.
>
> http://www.kipke.com/events.html
> http://www.kipke.com/kipke.css
> http://www.kipke.com/kipkeIE.css
>
> As you may notice, the border color does change on an actual
> mouse click, but not on a regular mouseover.  I also tested
> things out by removing the "a:focus img" and "a:active img"
> options, leaving only "a:hover img" with exactly the same
> results as having all three in place.
>
> I figure my usage is not the same as the well documented IE
> issue regarding applying the hover pseudo-class to non-anchor
> elements. Shouldn't this work?

Should: yes.
Would: no, because it's IE ;-)

IE needs a trigger. If you set a colour effect on hover for links
earlier in the stylesheet, the styles for the images will work
too.
In your stylesheet, you set the colour for links as #E1112B. If
you would add 'color:#E1112B;' to the styles for a:hover, nothing
will change. But if you make it #E1112C (so that the hover colour
is - even very minimally - different from the link/visited
colour), the hover styles you set for the images will work too.

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/