Greetings All,

I'm working on a page which contains posts with an author image floated
left, the text of the post down the right and wraps around the image. A
problem occurs when there are blockquotes in the post. The blockquote
has a background image quote mark and it disappears under the floated
image. A similar thing is happening with DIV.hb, it's background image
disappears but only in Firefox. Some posts will have the floated image
while others will not, so I have to take into account both scenarios.

I found a similar issue in the archives regarding lists, bullets are
hidden under the floated images. The only workaround was to add a big
margin-right to the floated image but that didn't work and would be
unacceptable anyway.

Questions: Is this the proper behavior, that only the text wraps around
the image, borders and backgrounds ignore the float? Any way to work
around this? I'm thinking I will have to move those images into the
markup -- but that's a problem as the web page is generated
automatically by a program and I want to avoid messing with that if
possible.

Markup with CSS here:
http://newcleardesigns.com/lab/

I'd appreciate any suggestions!