From: francky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 5:17 AM
To: Els
Cc: Duckworth, Nigel; css list list
Subject: Re: [css-d] Background Image on Blockquote Hidden Under Floated
Image

Els wrote:

>[...]
>If you give blockquote overflow:hidden or overflow:auto, the
>problem is solved in Firefox and Opera.
>If you give blockquote a height, the problem is solved in IE.
>Use hacks to hide the overflow from IE and the height from
>Firefox :-)
>
>Tested only in IE6, Opera 8.54 and FF1.5.

Hi and good morning (anyway for Els it's morning),
In the meantime I was playing with a hackless solution, by making a
sidebar-div and a content-div.
See testpage over here
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-acme.htm>.
Comments are inside src code.
Tested only in IE6, Opera7.54, Opera8.01 and FF1.07.

Greetings,
francky

oh, all test results: positive ;-)