Mary Stoughton wrote:
> I am hving a problem with my site in Firefox.  IE is fine.
> http://trisms.com/NEW/index.html

IE is "saved" by its 'Layout'[1] bug - again :-)

> The content div leaves a big gap.  I have a <p> then it won't allow the next
> <h2> and  <p> until after it passes the left nav div.

You also have a <br class="both" /><!--clear floats--> in there, and
that will clear everything within reach - exept in IE where the #content
is /isolated/ by the mentioned 'Layout' bug.

> very weird.
> Anybody see a simple solution?

Isolate the #content in all browsers, by creating a 'Block formatting
contexts'[2]. The following addition/correction will do...

#content {margin: 0; float: left;}

regards
        Georg

[1]http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html