Mike Nowak wrote:

>>background: none;
>>filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src="i/
>>opacity_bkg.png",sizingMethod="scale");
>>}
>>

>I'm using the same in an attempt to create transparent drop-shadows and this
>works for the most part.
>[...]
Hi Mike,
If still attempting, maybe an alternative without png's is possible.
See "Semi-transparent dropshadow for mozilla/firefox and internet
explorer"
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/transparency/transparent-dropshadow.htm>.
This is using a gif and opacity for css3-browsers, plus the
alpha-opacity filter for IE (to be zipped in a conditional comment). For
Opera 8.01 and other non opacity supporting browsers it is degrading to
just dropshadows without transparency.

Greetings,
francky