I've got a two column layout with the nav on the left. On one page, I've
got a form that has a select in it that's on the same plane as the
navigation.

I'm using the same class on all text inputs and select drop-down.

.txtinput {
   width: 255px; }

The form itself is 600px wide.

In IE, the entire form (and body-content" div containing it) will drop
BELOW the navigation any time there is a select drop-down next to the
nav. If the select is BELOW the nav, the form stays in place. I've about
pulled all my hair out and I can't seem to find a way to get around
this. Works great everywhere else...

Basic structure

     Nav Here

     Forms and everything else here

#page-container {
  width: 772px;
  margin: 10px auto 10px auto; }

#leftnav {
  float: left;
  width: 140px;
  margin: 0 10px 0 0;
  padding: 0px; }

#body-content {
  width: 610px;
  float: left;
  padding: 0;
  margin: -4px 0 0 0; }

I've used this same structure on a number of sites and it's been working
great for me. Current site has several hundred pages and not a single
problem until the damn select drop-down thing happened.

Advise?