I've seen a lot of requests (in my searches for this answer) for people
who want to display background images with CSS.  It seems I want
something different, and I can't seem to find the answer to this.  I'm
hoping you all can help :)

What I want to do is display the alt text for my images, instead of the
images themselves, in the printed page.  I don't want any images to
print out at all - just the text.  However, if I put "img
{display:none;}" in my print stylesheet, the images disappear - but so
does the alt text.

Is there a way to tell the print stylesheet "img {display:none - but
show the alt text;}"? Or will I just need to find a script or something
that'll do this for me?  (I'd much rather just use CSS if I can!)

Thanks :)

~Shelly