Rose Thorn wrote:

>Thanks for your info Francky. It helped me to discover that I had erred in
>another place within my css code.

Glad you managed to find what was wrong!

>I guess I should have run it through the w3c validator BEFORE posting my
>problem!
>My apologies to all who's time I may have wasted.

No problem! Searching to solve an issue is learning for all. :-)
A typo is easy made, and one time forgotten to check the validator after
another copy/paste can hide an incomplete copy with 1 missed letter, and
cause unexpected effects. Css is fairly critical!  ;-)
And bug hunting is a lovely sport! :-)

Greetings,
francky

(Suggestion for a next time, to speed up the right answer: send us a
link to a test page with the code you used. The more specific the
question, the more specific the answer can be!)