On 7/5/06, Brian Cummiskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just stumbled upon this in some (mostly table-based) code i'm
> updating, and I've never seen anything like it before.
>
> table, td {
>   font:normal 11px Arial,sans-serif;
>   font:normal 8px standard 07_55,Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;
>   color: #000;
> }
>
> What does  "07_55" and "standard" do, and does it over-ride the 11px
> statement above?  Is this some hack?

It actually looks like a mistake. :-) The only properties permitted
after the font size is the line height, only if there is a slash
between the two, then font families. Probably this defines a font
family named "standard 07_55", but they forgot to add the obligatory
quotation marks around it. Looks like a unix-style bitmap font name,
to me.

Michael