Christian Montoya wrote:
> Hello list, I am currently trying to implement pure CSS
> popups[1] on a page, but they are not working in IE 6:
>
> http://temp.rdpdesign.com/example/example.html
>
> I tried some hasLayout triggers and changing the positioning
> of the nested span, but nothing worked. I really have no idea
> what's wrong, especially since the example by Eric Meyer [1]
> works just fine. The CSS is at:
>
> http://temp.rdpdesign.com/example/style.css
>
> The relevant CSS starts with #header #support
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> [1] http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/popups/demo.html

Not tested on your example, but I think you need to trigger the
hover effect, by first setting a style for the hover on the <a>
itself, before IE 'sees' the hover style for the stuff inside of
it.

I recently wrote an explanation wrt borders on images on hover,
but the same goes for a popup span:
http://locusoptimus.com/css-trickery/ie-image-border-styles-on-hover.php

--
Els