Ingo Chao wrote:
> Richard Brown wrote:
>
>> <http://www.weddingcompanycornwall.co.uk/> ... Whilst writing I
>> would also ask folks what they think of the navigation please?
>

> What is a "Mens Hire Mother of the Bride Shop" ?

Must be a "dual purpose" service :-)

...a bit more separation seems to be needed.

Generally regarding the layout:
There's a problem with...

body {height:100%;}

...and...

* html body {
padding:120px 0 50px 0;
}

...making the body 100%+120px+50px tall in IE6. The extra height is
added below footer.

Comment out / delete the 'height: 100%', and body will self-adjust to
100% height including paddings in IE6.

---

There's a similar problem with...

#content {padding:20px;}

...and...

* html #content {width:100%;}

...making the #content 40px too wide in IE6.

Comment out / delete the 'width:100%;' and it will default to 100% width
including paddings in IE6.

---

I think you should study Stu's "fixed layout" a bit more, as you have
clearly not picked up the simple fact that he puts IE6 (and IE7) in
quirks mode (while your page does not). Thus Stu has avoided all
problems by *not* dealing with them, and he is simulating a standard
style-effect in browsers that *do* understand the real thing.

I think the real "position: fixed" is a better option, with a
mode-independent workaround for IE/win.
Something like this...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_additions_15.html>
...seems to work quite well in most browsers.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no