Alicia C wrote:

> oh now I see! It worked great in both Firefox and IE:
> http://www.freewebs.com/highwayjunkie/blog2.htm
>
> Thank you =D! Also, one more thing: what if I want any column to be
> the longest? I tried to read and use some tutorials, but I messed
> everything  =( I read it's something about liquid, flexible layouts,
> don't really know. Any help, please? =)

The problem is that the background-color (or -image) of the shortest
column cannot be under that column.
The trick is to fake "column-backgrounds" with a background image
(y-repeated) in the container of both columns: the "faux columns"
method. Kind of colored curtain behind the columns, as long as the
largest column: it's liquid too. :-)

See testpage here
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-blog2-a.htm>.

Greetings,
francky

btw1: I was so free to adapt some other things as well: see comments in
source code.
btw2: The header-img as gif instead of jpg is winning 71-21=50kB (image
is downloaded in about 1/4 of the time of the jpg): more joy for the
modem-visitors of the site. ;-)
For some remarks about saving of gif's, jpg's and png's: see over here
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/imaging/image-saving.htm>.