> The build-up of elements and styles in your page is a bit too complex
> for my taste...

Totally fair. It is a personal site, so I tend to be more experimental
than I would on a page for someone else. My next phase of debugging
was to isolate the problem somewhere outside of a content area
involving border-wrappers and three negatively-margined regions.

> Alternatively: 'position: absolute' can be used on the image in the same
> container.

I'm not totally sure, but it seems this method would rely on
consistent height, something I can't guarantee. (at least with floats
you can do FnE, and then drop in a quicky clearing element...)

> I think the background-image process and multiple elements is
> unnecessary, as styling the image itself as a float with negative
> back-side margins will work well in a wrapped container with 'overflow:
> hidden'.
>
> <http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_chaos_18.html>

I hadn't seen this method before, I'll definitely experiment with it,
thanks. I realise the background-image trick is an awful kludge, so
I'm glad to hear that there's a way to get float-right behaving that
way in non-Moz clients.

Mike