From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Subject: Re: [css-d] positioning #sidebar in IE 6

Helen wrote:

> This page http://www.washingtonwaterfrontvacationrentals.com/ aligns
> perfectly in Firefox, but the #sidebar won't position properly in IE
> 6 no matter what changes I make to it.

You're position in "thin air" (relative to nothing) :-)
Not all browsers will interpret such a positioning the same way.

Add:
#wrap {position: relative;}
...in order to get a relation, and then add...
#sidebar {left: 0;}
...to get IE in on where to position the element.

Also, delete:
#sidebar {float: left;}
...since an absolute positioned element can't float anyway.

> There also seems to be padding inside the #wrap border when viewed in
>  IE 6, but again, it displays properly in Firefox.

Didn't look for the exact cause of this, but adding:
* html #wrap {overflow-x: hidden;}
...will fix IE6.

regards
        Georg