Jeralyn Merideth wrote:
> I'm not familiar with how to do this graphically. I know I would have
>  to use PS to make the image (of course) but I wouldn't know the
> appropriate size for the boxes I need...and then wouldn't I have to
> position them relative or absoute? Not sure what to do.
>
> Any other suggestions anyone?

>>> http://216.119.67.187/js/index.htm

No problem whatsoever. Just pull those top and bottom corner-parts over
the edge of their container, and style them without a background. Then
those rounded corners will go with any page-background.

1: adjust position of the main container, by adding...

#mainContent {margin-top: 14px; display: inline;}

Then pull the top border part upwards, by adding...

b.maintop {margin-top: -4px; background: none; position: relative;}

The last declaration in each of those additions are workarounds for
IE/win bugs.

2: treat the sidebar the same way, by adding...

#sidebar {margin-top: 14px; display: inline;}

Then pull up the top border part, by adding...

b.rtop {margin-top: -5px; background: none; position: relative;}

...and pull up the bottom of the bottom border part, by adding...

b.rbottom {margin-bottom: -5px; background: none; position: relative;}

Same workaround for IE/win bugs are included, and everything is tested
locally, on your page, in Opera, Firefox and IE6.

Now, you are using an ID over and over again, #sidebar, so that should
be changed into a class since IDs should only appear once in each page.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no