I've got a page for which the content has a two-column
layout, with the left column being fixed at 300px and the right being
fluid.
I've accomplished this well enough, but I need some drop-down menus in
the navigation at the top. So, I need to position the menu1 and menu2
divs such that they always stay immediately under the links 'about' and
'resources' at the top of the page. I've started towards this end by
pushing down the container div's top-margin, and then adding an
absolutely positioned header div. This has provided a good enough start,
I suppose. It can be seen at:
http://www.howardroberts.net/fchcc/index.html

and works somewhat;this is, until one starts increasing the text-size,
at which time my positioning breaks completely. What can I do to make
this layout work?

The ccs is in the page, any suggestions for fixing things up, or
pointers towards background reading material that will help me implement
a better solution. I'm doing this site pro bono, so I really don't want
to go for a purchased menu solution.

Thanks,
Howard