Joseph Lorenzini wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> In a previous message I mentioned how  I was attempting to find a way to use
> CSS to highlight the navigation of my current. Zoe gave me the following
> tutorials to do that:
>
> http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/highlighting-current-page-with-css
> http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200503/setting_the_current_menu_state_with_css/
>
> Unfortunately, I have one major problem attempting to implement this code. In
> both tutorials they require the html to have a body id tag. This doesn't work
> for my site since the body is part of an uneditable region in my template. In
> other words, I can only set the id in  the template and that will propagate
> to every page, which would defeat the purpose of the ID tag.

Joe,

Are you referring to a Dreamweaver template? If so, there is a way to
set a different id on the body element on every page based on the
template, using editable attributes. Email me off-list if you would like
more info on this.

Otherwise, setting a class of "current" or "active" on the current link
is a way to go. But if you have the ability to edit the nav on a
per-page basis, you might as well edit it by removing the link on the
current page. You can then style the <a> element differently from the
plain text, achieving the current page highlight without even needing to
apply the "current" class.

Zoe

--
Zoe M. Gillenwater