I have a three column layout with a background image applied to a div that
isn't displaying quite like I want in IE:

http://demo.wfp.com/v2/story.htm

In Firefox, this displays as desired, with the left column bg image spanning
the full height of its containing element (called with astonishing complexity
"container"). However, in IE, that bg image only spans to the height of the
content in the third column (called "auxnav"). Any suggestions as to how I
might get this to appear consistently across browsers?

Note: I am utilizing some png's here for transparency and drop shadow affect,
by way of AlphaImageLoader. I had to place an extra div with a transparent
image to achieve the overlapping affect. As far as I can tell, this should have
no bearing on the issue at hand. Just giving fairwarning on that...

Thanks in advance!
Christian.